OUr New Partnership
A Message from the CEO and the President of RaeLipskie
Over the duration of our successful corporate career in the investment industry, we have worked with you, our clients, to provide independent, unbiased investment advice and guidance. As of September 1, 2022, we are very pleased to provide news of an exciting development at The RaeLipskie Partnership. As part of our ongoing succession plan, we are announcing a partnership with Guardian Capital Group Limited (https://www.guardiancapital.com/), whereby Guardian has acquired a majority ownership interest in RaeLipskie. Our founder, Ken Rae, remains in a leadership role while transitioning his ownership stake to Guardian. Brian Lipskie, our President, is retaining this position and continues to guide the company on a day-to-day basis while retaining a significant ownership interest. In addition, a group of senior staff and Portfolio Managers have acquired equity stakes in the company. Effectively, upon completion of the transaction, Guardian now holds a 60% equity interest in The RaeLipskie Partnership with our management holding the remaining 40% interest.
The RaeLipskie Partnership remains as an independent entity, with our existing management and investment team, now backed by the significant depth and resources of Guardian. Guardian is a publicly traded company, listed on the TSX (Ticker: GCG and GCG.A, respectively), with an enviable 60+ year history, currently managing in excess of $50 billion in client assets. Guardian has a strong presence in both the institutional investment management business and the high net worth/private client business in Canada. The client assets under RaeLipskie’s management is expected to add meaningful scale to Guardian’s private client business.
What does this mean for you?
- Your investment team now has access to the substantial investment resources and experience at Guardian, providing for a robust assessment of the investment landscape
- Your investment team has access to the broad investment product range offered by Guardian, providing the opportunity for further portfolio diversification
- Importantly, there is no change in your current investment team, including your primary and secondary Portfolio Managers and Client Service Associate
- There is no change in your investment portfolio or investment strategy
- There is no change in your investment management fee structure
- There is no change in the third-party custodian (i.e. National Bank Independent Network, Credential Securities, etc.) which holds your assets in safekeeping
This development is part of the natural evolution of The RaeLipskie Partnership. We firmly believe that this new partnership is resulting in a stronger, more robust and enhanced organization which directly benefits you, our clients.
As always, we are available to speak with each of you about this development and any other details specific to your portfolio. Please contact your Portfolio Management Team for further assistance.