As our 30th anniversary approaches, we asked our dedicated team to share the milestones they’ve reached while working at The RaeLipskie Partnership over the years. In this month’s blog, we invite you to take a walk down memory lane with us as our team reminisces on all their amazing accomplishments.
From Dave Brune, CFA, CFP, Vice-President & Portfolio Manager
1. Got married and had my first child, a son named Jack.
From Anita Daniel, Client Service Associate
2. Started working at The RaeLipskie Partnership (TRLP) October of 2017 as an Administrative Assistant Support and promoted to Client Service Associate in 2019.
3. Became a permanent resident of Canada in January of 2019.
4. My favorite TRLP event to date was the 2017 Christmas Reception.
5. Visited Nigeria for the first time in four years in June of 2018.
From Sarah Egan, Client Service Associate
6. Working towards CIM and PFP designations.
7. Kraig (husband) becoming a Canadian citizen.
8. Became an Aunt for the fifth time.
From Olivia Gwynne, Donation Coordinator & Trade Processor
9. Got engaged and bought my first home in 2017 and got married in 2019.
10. Trained and raised five service puppies: Wiley, Kaiser, Quasar, Velvet, Caper.
11. Took multiple trips: England, Wales, Spain, Italy, Portugal, P.E.I., Florida, France, Slovakia, and more!
12. Willing Wisdom Luncheon at WhistleBear
From Laura King, Back Office Administration
13. My third grandchild (Alice Rose) was born in May 2019.
From Brian Lipskie, CFA, President and Chief Compliance Officer, Investment Counsellor/Portfolio Manager
14. Getting married to Shelley and the birth of our twin girls.
From Shelley Lipskie
15. Twenty years ago, I married Brian Lipskie and became part of the Rae Lipskie family. Three children, three houses, three dogs, two TRLP office moves, people came and went – some even came back!
Andréa Miljkovic, CFA, Vice-President & Portfolio Manager
16. Formed the Burlington office through amalgamation with Priority Capital Management and worked with Norm Stefnitz and Fred Marconi to fully integrate their clients before they retired.
17. Got married and moved to a new house in Morriston and had a beautiful baby girl
18. Lloyd, Ted and Jo Ann’s retirements.
19. Semi-annual staff socials – I loved The Amazing Race social!
From Dave Paleczny, Vice-President & Portfolio Manager
20. Went on dozens of interesting trips.
21. Winning the Lloyd Gower Award was an incredible honour.
From Ken Rae, CFA, Chairman and CEO, Investment Counsellor/Portfolio Manager
22. Registration of the firm as, Portfolio Manager and Investment Counsel, with the OSC (Ontario Security Commission).
23. Other highlights as the years include the acquisition of Norm and Fred’s company in Burlington, acquisition of Gary Cox firm based in London, acquisition of Taylor Echlin’s firm in Mississauga, acquisition of FI Capital (investment arm of Lutheran Life) based in Waterloo. These purchases, as well as the addition of several employees, has resulted in a firm that now happily employs 26 and handles over $1 billion of AUM (Asset Under Management) belonging to over 700 families around the world and many local charities.
From Sarah Ramon, Client Service Associate
24. My daughter graduated as class valedictorian.
From Sheila Yendt, Deputy Chief Operations Office
25. Was and still am part of the change in technology. We went from manually entering every transaction in every account to a fully automated system.
26. Raised two amazing daughters and managed to stay married to the same wonderful, supportive man for 34 years.
27. First grandchild born, a boy named Lincoln.
28. Became an enthusiastic runner and volunteer in the running community. I ran many half marathons and 4 full marathons. Attended 10 Boston marathons; supporting my husband and volunteering. Also did two ‘running cruises’ – Caribbean and Alaska.
29. All the annual charity lunches and client receptions and the many staff socials.
30. Celebrating with all our clients and staff: engagements, weddings, babies, graduations and designations, promotions, first home, many moves, grandbabies, retirements, celebrations of life. We truly care for our clients and staff and when that much caring goes out – we get so much more in return.
It’s incredible to see how much our amazing team has accomplished in both their personal and professional lives with their time with the RaeLipskie Partnership – we can’t wait to see what else we accomplish in our next 30 years! As Shelley Lipskie said, the highlights are as bright as ever, still after all these years.