Last month, The Premier of Ontario announced that most regions, including Kitchener-Waterloo, will move to Stage 3 of reopening the economy, effective July 17, 2020 at 12:01 am.
Stage 3 is a significant step towards fully restarting the economy. According to The Government of Ontario, over 90 per cent of economic activity was able to resume in Stage 2, resulting in employment increasing by 377,900 net new jobs in June. By taking a responsible approach to reopening, Ontario plans to continue down a path to recovery, eventually returning to a position of strength as the “economic engine of Canada.”
With Ontario moving to Stage 3, businesses all across the province have been given the green light to gradually reopen with public health and workplace safety restrictions in place.
In response to Stage 3, our physical office at The RaeLipskie Partnership will be reopening. Our team has prepared a reopening plan that follows the public health advice and workplace safety guidance set by the provincial government to keep our staff and clients safe.
Some details include:
- Both employees and clients will be required to wear masks and maintain proper physical distancing of 2 metres at all times.
- Proper cleaning and disinfecting protocols will be in place, including proper cleaning of the meeting room and furniture in offices where clients will be seated before and after use.
- All employees and clients will be asked to use hand sanitizer before entering stairwells and offices.
- During in-person meetings, our staff will sit 6 feet away from clients.
- No more than 2 people will be allowed in the elevator at once.
- A welcome table will be set up in the large boardroom with sanitized water bottles, hand sanitizers, and face masks for clients.
- Clients will be asked to answer a few COVID-19 self-assessment questions to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 into our office spaces.
Note: Although our physical office will be reopening, virtual appointments over the phone and video chat will still be available. Please contact your portfolio manager for more details.
At The RaeLipskie Partnership, we understand it is our civic responsibility to keep our staff and clients safe. If you have any questions about our reopening plan, please contact us. For more information about Ontario’s framework for reopening the province, click here.